Fighting Against Dental Erosion
Posted by SHEFFIELD SQUARE DENTAL CARE on Jul 11 2017, 07:17 AM
When you are in the fight against dental erosion, it is important to limit the number of harmful acids that come into contact with your teeth and gums. For more information about acidity and its effects on dental erosion, consider the following facts. To compete against dental erosion:
- Limit sugary products and sweets, as sugars are transformed into harmful acids within your mouth.
- Limit your ingestion of substances that have a low pH, as they are highly acidic.
- Avoid abrasive substances that can make teeth extra sensitive. To fight against abrasion against your teeth when brushing, make sure to always use a toothbrush with soft bristles.
- Limit small snacks throughout the day, and instead stick to large meals only.
- Make sure harmful acids are effectively removed from your mouth after meals with cleaning treatments such as chewing sugarless gum and using mouthwash.
- Make use of saliva, which is your body’s natural defense against dental erosion, so make sure to dodge substances or medications that can contribute to dry mouth disorder.
Here at Sheffield Square Dental Care, we not only offer tips on limiting dental erosion but dental contouring to give you your best smile. This is a great way to cosmetically change your teeth.
If you would like to schedule your dental erosion treatment at Sheffield Square Dental Care or would like a comprehensive oral exam from Dr. Eliot Tokowitz and our team at our dentist's office in Chicago, Illinois, please give us a call at 773-880-2310. Stop by our Facebook and Twitter pages for the latest updates on bettering your smile.