Did you know, mouth jewelry can be dangerous to your oral health? In fact, mouth jewelry can cause many problems for your teeth and overall oral health that can lead to painful and costly damage. While mouth jewelry can look appealing for many, it is important to remember the damage it can have long-term for your teeth.
To help you understand more about the damage mouth jewelry can do, our dentist, Dr. Eliot Tokowitz with Sheffield Square Dental Care in Chicago, Illinois, has provided you with this information.
Here is the information on the dangers of mouth jewelry:
– To prevent damage to your gums, be aware that mouth jewelry should be avoided, which is because it can cause gum tissue lacerations.
– Hard products used in lip and tongue rings are known risks to your smile and can split and fracture teeth.
– To prevent chipping and cracking that can occur to teeth, avoid lip and tongue rings that can move around.
– Several allergies are known to occur from mouth jewelry.
– Mouth jewelry can get in the way of proper cleaning techniques because they can make typical tools more difficult to use to reach all areas within your mouth.
– Mouth jewelry can lead to nerve damage when they are put into your mouth.
– Infectious diseases are possible with the presence of mouth jewelry.
If there has been significant damage to your smile because of a piece of mouth jewelry, please come in for an emergency dental appointment to make sure you’re getting the treatment you need to repair your smile.
If you need help with any damage to your teeth or have questions about your oral health, please call us today at 773-880-2310 to make an appointment. We are happy to give you an oral health checkup and help you with any damage you may have to your teeth and oral health.
Good Oral Health Starts in the Home and Continues With Great Dental Care
Aging and Dental Health: Don’t Let Time Rob You of the Healthy, Beautiful Smile You Deserve!
National Gum Disease Awareness Month: How You Can Keep Your Gums Vibrant and Healthy!
New Year’s Resolution: Address Your Bad Breath and Boost Your Self-Confidence Levels!