Do you sometimes look at yourself smile in the mirror and feel you could have had a more pleasing smile? Worry not, as we have several advanced cosmetic dental procedures to help you get the best smile. One such cosmetic, as well as a restorative dental procedure, is bonding veneers.
What are veneers?
Veneers are ceramic restorations made from tooth-colored, dental-grade porcelain. They are wafer-thin and are bonded to the frontal surface of the teeth using dental adhesives. Veneers are widely used to treat conditions such as cracked, chipped, excessively spaced, badly worn out, or discolored teeth. Since they are made from tooth-colored material, it is almost impossible to distinguish them from your natural teeth.
Why should you choose dental veneers?
- Veneers are highly customizable.
- Veneers can be used for several types of restorations as they are made of tooth-colored material that blends in well with the color of the natural enamel.
- Veneers are highly durable. They do not wear easily with your regular oral activities such as biting or chewing food.
- They are long-lasting. With optimum care, they usually last for several years together.
- Veneers are simple restorations. The treatment procedure involved may only take one or two visits to the dentist’s office to get them done.
During the initial visit, the dentist conducts a thorough diagnosis of the teeth. This allows us to get a better idea of the condition and come up with a suitable treatment process. Next, the dentist removes a thin layer of enamel from the tooth to accommodate the veneer. Otherwise, the tooth will look bloated after bonding the veneer to it. The dentist then takes a highly precise digital mold of the teeth to use a reference for fabricating the restoration.
The data from the scan will be sent to a dental laboratory where the veneer is made with maximum precision. It will be bonded on to your tooth using photosensitive adhesives, after which a curing light hardens it. A bite test will ensure your bite hasn’t altered and that you are comfortable with the restoration.back to home
Call us at (773) 880-2310 to have a consultation with Dr. Eliot, and learn more about dental veneers. We also serve Lakeview and Lincoln Park areas of Chicago, 60657.